Our RV Travels

Updates on our Full-Time RV'ing lifestyle. Feel free to add your comments, replies and stories of your own.

Saturday, October 29, 2005

At Home Base in Tennessee

Well, our stay in Missouri was pretty short. We did make a trip to Independence to the Truman Library and Museum. In addition to the usual, they had a temporary display of a model White House. I think it was almost 50' long and was accurate to the fineals on the chandilears and lights on the Christmas trees. This was a very interesting and educational stop. While we did enjoy our visit and had planned more activities in the area, Loretta called her daughter's house here in Tennessee for a visit. But she got the bad news that daughter Sharon was in the hospital with pneumonia and complications. So we decided to cut our visit short and head here. We did overnight in Sikeston, MO so we could dine at Lambert's (Home of the "Throwed Rolls"). The ride through the Ozarks was beautiful with the fall colors.

We arrived here late on Sunday and as we were pretty tired decided to wait till Monday to go to Columbia and visit Sharon. We found her pretty well bruised (I guess she had broken a blood vessel in a coughing spell) and hurting but she said she was much improved. Looking at earlier photos, I had to agree. We got settled in here and made several visits to the hospital this week as well as some shopping. There was a booth in the Wal-Mart in Columbia describing the upcoming Medicare Prescription Drug plan. This was provided by Humana Insurance which appears to have the lowest cost coverage available. So I took advantage of that to get more information so that hopefully by the time we can register for that we will be ready.

Yesterday we brought Sharon home from the hospital to finish her recuperation here. I understand she will need 24 hour a day care, but sure she is glad to be home after almost 3 weeks in the hospital.

OH YES, one final thing. The mail that had NOT arrived in Bloomington did not catch us in Missouri either. I have no idea the holdup, but hopefully it will either be forwarded to us here or returned here. Either way we will get it - I HOPE.

Weather is beautiful but most mornings have had frost in the meadow. Supposed to warm up a bit now but has been in 60's most days.

Andy and Loretta

6 Comments:

  • At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 1:20 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Andy W2UCZ, I liked your blog. Just out blog surfing looking for info on wood working for kids when I ended up on your page. Obviously I ended up a little off base, but I am certainly glad I found it. I would like to post your link on my "favorites" page for future reference and reading. Should you ever need it, you can get specific information about wood working for kids at the site above.

     
  • At 8:40 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Andy W2UCZ, I was looking around for information about Noble Fir Christmas Trees and found your At Home Base in Tennessee post. It's not bang on what I was looking for but it was a good read so I'm glad I found it! I can see why it showed up when I searched on the term Noble Fir Christmas Trees. Thanks a lot and I'll stop by again :-)

     
  • At 11:17 PM , Blogger Andy W2UCZ said...

    Thanks for the comment Fraser Fir. You are welcome to visit anytime. Enjoy.

    Andy

     
  • At 5:21 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hi Andy W2UCZ, I found your blog post At Home Base in Tennessee whilst looking for info on Noble Fir Christmas Trees. Yours is an interesting Blog and I can see why it came up when i use 'Noble Fir Christmas Trees' in the search. Thanks for a great read, I'll be back for more! Bye for now.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home