Our RV Travels

Updates on our Full-Time RV'ing lifestyle. Feel free to add your comments, replies and stories of your own.

Saturday, January 03, 2009

Belated HAPPY NEW YEAR from Satsuma, FL

Sure got backed up on my reporting. We have been quite busy lately.

When we left Tennessee, we stopped to visit Loretta's Son Steve and family in Macon, GA. We were lucky to find a Passport America park operated by the Shrine Club only about 3 miles from their place. We had a nice visit, except for the 4.5" of rain the first 24 hours and rain most of next day. As the only level spot which was long enough for our rig was at the lower end of the lot, we were delayed getting away. Friday dawned clear and calm, so we ran some errands in the forenoon then Steve stopped by after work to help us hook up. He had also helped repair a bent stabilizer jack when we first arrived.

Plans were to attend breakfast with a group on Ham Radio friends in Crystal River, FL on Saturday. But the late start made that impossible and we overnighted near Lake Park, GA. Then we continued to the home of friends Cal and Marilyn Doud in Homosassa where we usually stay. He had built a new garage for his motor home so we parked in a different location which still worked out OK. However the new building was in the path of the WiFi connection that I had used in the past. So I took my router into their house and set up my own WiFi connection which worked quite well. We visited friends in the area, had breakfast with a local group, another with Cal's family from the area and one with the Ham Radio group in Crystal River. Cal's son Merle helped me with a couple of jobs on our truck. He and I installed new gas filled shock absorbers on the front (but the originals still seem good so kept them). I had thought about new ones for rear, but don't think they are needed now - and expensive. We also removed the Mor-Ryde rubber spring from the front right side, but then I discovered it had been replaced previously and the one I had with me was no better than the one already on so we reinstalled the one we took off. BUT, now we know how to do it, HI.

We left there before Christmas and moved to International RV Park near Daytona Beach. While there we celebrated Christmas Eve with dinner at Olive Garden with Loretta's relatives from that area. Christmas day was spent at home of her Son-in-Law Don and the family. We stayed over at the campground f0r a great party provided by the campground. Then moved to Satusma, Fl (near Palatka) on Saturday.

Our hosts here Les and Sue are back in New York State celebrating the hollidays. But next door neighbor Ron and Laura helped us get parked and set up. They have been great company and keep us occupied. One day it was a boat ride starting at their dock in the canal out back on down the creek to the St. John's River and back another creek. We spotted 30-40 small alligators, many turtles and birds of various sizes and descriptions. New Years Day we went to Daytona Beach shopping then had dinner with some of Ron's family at Alfie's by the Sea. This is a spin off of the original Alfies in Lakewood, NY and we knew the founding family well. We were also invited to go to the Go Cart races at the Daytona Beach Speedway, and a day in Jacksonville in preparation for the bowl game there. But Loretta felt either would be too much at this time. So we did laundry, shopped, she got a blood test done and we have tried some of the nearby restaurants, including our New Years Celebration at one. Not much celebrating as we were home and asleep before midnight. We have walked around the area and visited some of the residents here.

Les and Sue are expected this afternoon and we have been invited to join them for supper at Ron and Laura's. We have taught Ron and Laura how to play Joker, so expect to be asked to teach Les and Sue also.

Guess that gets us back up to date. We wish everyone a very HAPPY NEW YEAR

Andy and Loretta



Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home