Our RV Travels

Updates on our Full-Time RV'ing lifestyle. Feel free to add your comments, replies and stories of your own.

Friday, November 11, 2005

November 12 - another week


At Lincoln Museum, Springfield, IL

Well, the temperature sure warmed up for most of the week. Three days were almost 90 degrees, really too warm for this late in the season. We also got some much needed rain a couple of nights ago. Still need a lot more. It was accompanied with heavy winds so the shade trees that we were parked under are now bare trees! This morning had frost in the meadow again, but it turned out to be a beautiful day.

Tuesday I went to the dentist in Pulaski. Loretta had me drop her off at Wal-Mart. My appointment was for 1100, and I arrived early. But I think it was closer to noon by the time I got into the chair then had to wait almost an hour for the doctor. He said I had broken off part of the tooth so a filling would not hold and did preparation for a crown. While I was waiting to become numb (I usually am a bit anyway), I went and got Loretta so she could wait under more comfortable conditions. It took quite a while to grind off the enamel and prepare a temporary crown, so I imagine I was there about 4 hours.

Then when eating tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwich for supper, another filling (very large one) came out. So Wednesday another trip to Pulaski. I got right in to find another crown was in the offing. This tooth was much harder to work on and I was in the chair about 3.5 hours. He had to use 7 shots of the numbing stuff before he finished. I will get both crowns the day before Thanksgiving.

Yesterday we went to Columbia where I had an appointment with a surgeon. He set me up for both a Lower GI (colonoscopy) and Upper GI for next week. Really looking forward to that, HI - even though they will put me to sleep. Also was having trouble with my right hip which I thought was result of so much time in dentist chair. So I stopped by my chiropractor and found I could get in after lunch. He said my back was out of kilter and adjusted it. The hip and leg sure feels a lot better now.

BUT, would you believe it, last night at supper the temporary crown that was installed on Tuesday broke into several pieces. I had been provided cement to replace it in case it fell out, but afraid putting it back together was out of the question. I called again this morning to find that it will be next week before I can get it replaced. Good thing it isn't very sensitive.

So it seems this week has been running to town. I did give the truck a good wash job, but the trailer needs one too which I have put off. Enough of my CHALLENGES, Sharon(Loretta's daughter) has been progressing slowly in her recovery. Wednesday she went to the doctor and he had her back in the hospital yesterday to have 1.5 quarts of fluid drained from her lung. She is pretty peaked and in a lot of pain now. So keep her in your prayers. Hopefully her recovery will improve now.

It has been lambing time here on the farm, so there are now a bunch of them in the barn. They sure are cute, but glad I don't have to care for them. Had my share of farming as a youth on a dairy farm in Western New York.

Till later
Andy and Loretta

Later: Well, I do have to change the last paragraph. After we came home for the evening, Diane (Bill's sister) came to the door to ask my help. A ewe in an outdoor pen had given birth to twins and she needed help getting them into the barn. When we got there, we found that one of the lambs was dead. Diane picked up the live one, but the ewe wouldn't leave the other one. So she picked that one up also and I helped herd her into the barn even though she wanted to stay near the outside pen. We got her into a pen in the barn with the live lamb then I returned home. So, I guess my farming days aren't completely over. HI.



1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home