Our RV Travels

Updates on our Full-Time RV'ing lifestyle. Feel free to add your comments, replies and stories of your own.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

The news is good

The news is good

David returned home from Stallworth Rehab Hospital a week ago yesterday as expected. He is coming along very well and it is hard to believe that less than 4 weeks ago his prognosis was not encouraging. PRAISE THE LORD. He started rehabilitation therapy at Hillside Therapy in Pulaski, last Friday. Loretta and I took him for his session on Monday. That session lasted 2 hours, and he was pretty well beat afterwards. But with that and home exercises, he is coming along very well. His appetite is returning and he is starting to gain back the 30 pounds that he lost while in the hospital. He still has a long way to go and can still use your prayers, but he is looking forward to almost a complete recovery.

Other than that, we haven't been doing much. What with at least 12 days in the last 2 weeks over 100 degrees and 21 days in a row over 98, we don't do much outside. Mostly just shopping trips and a few eating out times. Loretta has been going to our chiropractor with a painful back for a few weeks. I scheduled an adjustment when I took her in Monday. Good thing, as last Wednesday mine started hurting. Dr. Haynes has me straightened out again it appears. Loretta does have to see him again next Monday and hopes that he says she is OK to travel, as we plan on returning to New York State next week.

I also suffered an eye irritation a couple of weeks ago. I suspect it is caused by the dust in the air due to the heat here. A trip to our Ophthalmologist resulted in a week on a steroid/antibiotic eye drop. However after stopping the drops, the irritation returned, so I saw him again Monday. Wasn't sure if I would see him, as while I was in the waiting room, there was a power failure. However with an battery powered lantern and small light he was able to check it out. He felt perhaps suddenly stopping the steroid was not a good thing, so I will be back on those drops the next 3 weeks, tapering off the dosage till then.

Other than that, not a whole lot to report. I had planned on changing one of the trailer tires before leaving. But I think I will wait till it is cooler for that. It is easiest to change it when it is hooked to the truck as I can drive the other wheel up onto blocks instead of jacking the trailer up. So perhaps some evening while on our way north I will do that. I have an air wrench, so it isn't a bad job. In fact we never use our Road Service for trailer tire changes as I can have it changed before we could even arrange for someone to come and do it for us.

Guess that is all for now.
GOD Bless
Andy and Loretta
Andy@W2UCZ.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home