Our RV Travels

Updates on our Full-Time RV'ing lifestyle. Feel free to add your comments, replies and stories of your own.

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

About to leave Ohio

After a couple of days relaxing and visiting Ron and Louise in Dunkirk, OH (mostly Louise as Ron was on a Bear hunting trip to Canada when we arrived and only returned the day before we left), we headed for the Dayton Hamvention. We proceeded directly to Hara Arena as the weather was threatening. Good thing, Roger Webster and Jim Young were just finishing unloading the truck when we arrived. And the rain arrived with us. There was heavy rain Thursday afternoon and the temperature dropped quite a bit. I had arrived wearing a Tee shirt and was not prepared for that. However the booth setup went smoothly. In the evening we had supper at the Cracker Barrel nearby and the skies really opened up during our meal. Fortunately it had cleared some by the time we headed to the Holiday Inn Express at Tipp City. We were ready for bed by the time we arrived there.

Friday it was back to Hara Arena early to fine tune the setup before the opening of the Ham Radio Convention. We were moderately busy, but I did sit a lot (which is unusual for me) due to the fact I had little sleep the night before. After cleaning up at the hotel 4 of us went to the Officer's Club at Wright Patterson AFB for a delicious supper and quiet visit.

Saturday was a bit busier at the Hamvention. I had slept somewhat better, but still somewhat dragged out. I have been experiencing some after effects of my radiation therapy and SEED implants. So I do not get a lot of rest between trips to the bathroom. After the day's activities, we again went to the Officer's Club. However this time there were 11 of us in 3 cars. Dinner was delicious again and although the Club was a bit nosier than last evening we had a great time.

Sunday was another day at Hara Arena, but the Hamvention exhibit area closed at 1PM. We then packed the inventory and loaded Roger's truck. We finished at about 5PM, I was pretty tired and not sure that we might spend another night in Dayton. We went to Joe's Crab Shack for a great seafood supper. By the time we finished I felt rested and opted to return to our "home" near Dunkirk, OH, about a hundred miles away. By the time we arrived, I was pretty sure that I had not made the best decision, but we did safely complete the trip and were soon in bed. Even though it was tiring, it was great to visit with many friends at the Hamfest including many previous customers of VHF Communications (our now closed Ham Radio store).

The past 3 days have been spent resting, dining out, and visiting with Ron and Louise. I also made some preparations for our move tomorrow.

Guess that gets us up to date. Please register your comments or email them to W2UCZ@arrl.net

Thank you
Andy and Loretta


Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home