Our RV Travels

Updates on our Full-Time RV'ing lifestyle. Feel free to add your comments, replies and stories of your own.

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Now in ReHab




Well, the surgery went well on the 5th.  I understand that it took 10 hours then 2.5 in Recovery.  I wasn't in near as much pain as expected - about the same as being kicked in stomach by a large horse.  I spent 6 nights in Vanderbilt University Hospital where I received excellent care. My bladder, prostate and part of one ureter was removed.  Loretta and her daughter (a nurse) stayed in my room there.  It was a very large corner room, but I really didn't enjoy the view all that much.

GUESS WHAT, THIS LAPTOP JUST LOST MY POST AND IT WAS ALMOST COMPLETE.  I THINK I WILL HAVE SUPPER THEN HOPEFULLY BE UP TO GETTING BACK TO IT.
 Well, it took me longer than expected to get back to this.  They keep me pretty busy with therapy, and I tire easily.  I am now at LifeCare Center of Columbia, TN.  I am doing well with the therapy and could probably go home anytime.  BUT, I now have an Ostemy bag which he nurses have been having trouble getting to stay on properly.  Part of the problem may have been the staples on the incisions which were removed last week.  This time the bag has stayed on almost a week.  However it was the last one that I had, so they cannot train me on the procedure at this time.  Well, the care is good and food excellent so not much to complain about.

Loretta has been staying with family and would like to get home.  However I am a bit concerned in case she needs assistance there which I could not provide.  Next week I have at least 3 appointments at Vanderbilt as part of follow up on surgery.  The Ostomy nurses wanted to see me last week but I didn't have transportation. Then the following week I meet with the surgeon.  Expecting good reports.

Guess that is all I know now.
GOD Bless
Andy
W2UCZ@yahoo.com

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 AM , Blogger Glyn and Di said...

    Glad to see you are on the mend Andy. Keep up the good work and get back on the road again soon. 73 Glyn G3ZSV

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home